Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Deleting files created before two days ago Post 15926 by josecollantes on Thursday 21st of February 2002 11:05:48 AM
Old 02-21-2002
Thank you very much

Thank you very much guys, I implemented this procedure and works very fine !!!

Sorry for not send my response before, my company replaced our web server ....

Thanks a lot

Jose

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

command unix to list all files created since n month ago

Hello, I want to list all files that were created since 3 month ago. it exist a unix command to do it ? thank you (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: yacsil
8 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need to process files created an hour ago

Hello all, I would like to ask for an advice on how to deal with the following scenario. Every now and then, our ERP system creates an interface text file with the following file format - XORD????.DLD where ???? is a sequence number. We can have 1 or more XORD files created in an hour. ... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: negixx
9 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

deleting files with dates 3 months ago

please help me with this????? :confused: :confused: i need to create a program that will run in unix that will delete all files in a given directory that is at least 3 months old. first the program will need to automatically know what date it is right now to determine the files it will... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: godalle
3 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

file was created before 15 days ago.

How can I get difference date between today and 15 days ago and all filename is was created before 15 days ago? It has to be korn shell script. Thanks. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: YoungBlood
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

List files created before Noon 2 days prior

Our nightly updates run in the evening and finish around 8am. My boss wants the current log files kept on the server for 2 days, but wants anything created before noon, 2 days prior archived. I was thinking of using touch to set a temporary file with a date of today-2 and a time of noon, then... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: prismtx
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Remove files which created date before 10 days on HP-UX

Hi All, Could you please let me know if there is any one can help to create a shell script to remove some files which is the created date for them greate than 10 days (sysdate-10) Please try to email me on email removed Thanks in advance, Murad (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: murad_fayez
1 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to find files created some days before?

HI, I have 2 questions. 1> Is there any code to see files that created some day or some time before in a directory??? 2> how or where i will find the last exit status of a process?? thanks (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: jyotidas
6 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find unix file created how many days ago?

i want to find unix file created how many days ago? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: utoptas
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find the sum of files created 5 days before

Hi, I want to find the sum of all the files created 5 days ago and store it in a variable. (os is HP-UX) can this be extracted from ls -l Is there any other way of getting the sum of all the files created (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: bang_dba
4 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

How to find a file that's modified more than 2 days ago but less than 5 days ago?

How to find a file that's modified more than 2 days ago but was modified less than 5 days ago by use of any Linux utility ? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: abdulbadii
4 Replies
ff_hfs(1M)																ff_hfs(1M)

NAME
ff_hfs: ff - list file names and statistics for HFS file system SYNOPSIS
num] num] inode-list] num] file] prefix] special ... DESCRIPTION
The command reads the i-list and directories of each special file special, assuming it to be an HFS file system, saving i-node data for files that match the selection criteria. Output consists of the path name for each saved i-node, plus any other file information requested using the print options below. Output fields are positional. The output is produced in i-node order; fields are separated by tabs. The default line produced by contains the path name and i-number fields. With all options specified, the output fields include path name, i- number, size, and user ID. The num parameter in the options descriptions is a decimal number, where means more than num, means less than num, and num means exactly num. A day is defined as a 24-hour period. lists only a single path name out of many possible ones for an i-node with more than one link, unless you specify the option. With applies no selection criteria to the names listed. All possible names for every linked file on the file system are included in the output. On very large file systems, memory may run out before completes execution. Options and Arguments recognizes the following options and arguments: Select a file if the i-node has been accessed in num days. Select a file if the i-node has been changed in num days. Specify the HFS file system type. Generate names for any i-node specified in the inode-list. Do not display the i-node number after each path name. Generate a list of all path names for files with more than one link. Select a file associated with an i-node if it has been modified in num days. Select a file associated with an i-node if it has been modified more recently than the specified file. Add the specified prefix to each path name. The default prefix is (dot). Write the file size, in bytes, after each path name. Write the owner's login name after each path name. Echo the completed command line, but performs no other action. The command line is generated by incorporating the user-specified options and other information derived from This option allows the user to verify the command line. EXAMPLES
List the path names and i-numbers of all files in the file system Same as above, but suppress the printing of i-numbers: List files on the same file system that have been modified recently, displaying the path name, i-number, and owner's user name (the option). List only files that have been modified within the last two days (the option): List all files on the same file system, including the path name and i-number of each file, that was last accessed more than 30 days ago Find all path names associated with i-nodes and (the option): Execute the command on an HFS file system FILES
Static information about the file systems. SEE ALSO
find(1), ff(1M), ff_vxfs(1M), ncheck(1M), fstab(4). ff_hfs(1M)