Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Tape drive install
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Tape drive install Post 15694 by kikkin on Monday 18th of February 2002 06:48:56 PM
Old 02-18-2002
Network Tape drive install

I'm trying to install a tape drive on a compaq SCO OS 505. well I have gone through the mkdev tape comands and what have you yet no luck. when I reboot and do a simple tape rewind it gives me an error no such device etc.etc. IS there a diference in the xct0 and rct0 a the default?

help..
kikkin

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Linux

How do l install Travan Tape drive 20/40 DAT on Redhat 8.0

Hi, Will someone help in giving the clue to installating Travan Tape drive on Redhat 8.0 Kayode (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kayode
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

tape drive

Hi, I need to restore my tape backup, when I type "tape status" it gives; status : ready beginning-of-tape write-protected soft errors : 0 hard errors : 0 underruns : 3 but... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: alisevA3
4 Replies

3. Solaris

how to install tape drive on sun ver 5.9

hi, need your help mentors I have external SCSI tape DRIVE COmpaq 15/30 GB DLT and I dont know how to install these and how to view if it is working. I'm also have another disk taken form my old sun and I want to use these also but my problem how I able to mount. hope anyone can help me ... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: eykyn17
9 Replies

4. AIX

Tape Drive

I have tape drive in one Lpar. when i saw that time tape is in defined state. After that i deleted the tape drive using the rmdev -R command. Then fired the cfgmgr -v command. But I am not getting the tape drive. Now the drive is even not in defined state also. It is not shown the tape drive. How... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: pernasivam
1 Replies

5. Solaris

Help with tape drive

Hey folks, Linux admin here, forced to use Opensolaris to try to use ufsdump/ufsrestore to get some data of some old tapes. I've got Opensolaris 2009.06 on x86 and a Sony SDX-700V. As a "control" experiment, I booted the system with a Linux live CD and the tape drive worked perfectly. ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: eddy_sysad
2 Replies

6. Solaris

Solaris 10 install dvd drive boots, but not recoginized by install process

I am trying to build a Sun Ultra 10 with solaris 10. This computer is one of a collection that was donated to the non-profic company I work for. All media was wiped before I recieved them, so I am starting from stratch. I downloaded the Solaris 10 ISO and burned a DVD. The computer came with a... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: gwillhight
4 Replies

7. HP-UX

TAPE drive

I have used ioscan -fnC tape and the system identified the tape drive. what is the command to show a listing of what is on the tape? I have used ls /dev/rmt/rmt0 to no avail. can anyone help? Thanks in advance (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: Randydog
10 Replies

8. Solaris

Install ext DLT Sun Tape drive on V445 Solaris 10

I have a SunFire V445 running Solaris 10 and am adding a Sun DLT tape drive. From the OK prompt the probe-scsi-all does see the drive and it is the proper target of 4. When I do the boot -- -r it does build the /dev/rmt directories correctly and the links to /devices appear correct as well. When I... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: chastings
8 Replies
AMMT(8) 						      System Manager's Manual							   AMMT(8)

NAME
ammt - Amanda version of mt SYNOPSIS
ammt [ -d ] [ -f|-t device ] command [ count ] DESCRIPTION
Ammt provides just enough of the standard mt command for the needs of Amanda. This is handy when doing a full restore and the standard mt program has not yet been found. Ammt also provides access to the Amanda output drivers that support various tape simulations. See the amanda(8) man page for more details about Amanda. See the OUTPUT DRIVERS section of amanda(8) for more information on the Amanda output drivers. OPTIONS
-d Turn on debugging output. -f device Access tape device device. If not specified, the TAPE environment variable is used. -t device Same as -f. command count Which command to issue, and an optional count of operations. COMMANDS
Each command may be abbreviated to whatever length makes it unique. eof|weof count Write count (default: 1) end of file marks (tapemarks). fsf count Skip forward count (default: 1) files. bsf count Skip backward count (default: 1) files. asf count Position to file number count (default: 0) where zero is beginning of tape. This is the same as a rewind followed by a fsf count. rewind Rewind to beginning of tape. offline|rewoffl Rewind to beginning of tape and unload the tape from the drive. status Report status information about the drive. Which data reported, and what it means, depends on the underlying operating system, and may include: ONLINE Indicates the drive is online and ready. OFFLINE Indicates the drive is offline or not ready. BOT Indicates the drive is at beginning of tape. EOT Indicates the drive is at end of tape. PROTECTED Indicates the tape is write protected. ds Device status. er Error register. fileno Current tape file number. blkno Current tape block number file. NOTE: many systems only report good data when a tape is in the drive and ready. AUTHOR
Marc Mengel <mengel@fnal.gov> John R. Jackson <jrj@purdue.edu> SEE ALSO
amanda(8) AMMT(8)