Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Sendmail outgoing mail only setup. Post 14739 by warrend on Tuesday 5th of February 2002 04:04:45 PM
Old 02-05-2002
books, books, books

I would love to buy the O'Reilly book,

but my wife would kill me if i came home with anouther one!
This User Gave Thanks to warrend For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Need help for configuring outgoing mail in Solaris 9

G'day, I've a solaris 9 box that I want to configure so that users can send out mails to internet. How can I do it? Can someone pls list me the steps or direct me to a detailed website. Thanks in advance. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Albert J.
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Disable Outgoing Mail

I have a Solaris 2.6 server running sendmail (Version 8.9.3p2). It actually receives email and runs the sendmail process. I need to configure it so that it continues to receive email, but disable its ability to send email out. My initial ideas was to just rename the mail and mailx binaries. But... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Rosko
0 Replies

3. UNIX and Linux Applications

Sendmail outgoing email rate

Does anyone know what's Sendmail outgoing email rate? e.g. 1000 outgoing email per minutes. If so, can we modify it? Thanks. :) (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sunmagic2003
1 Replies

4. Solaris

How do I configure sendmail to block all OUTGOING mail FROM one userid TO the world?

Hello, ENVIRONMENT: OS: Solaris 10 Sendmail: 8.13.8+Sun BACKGROUND: We had a user account that was compromised and was used as a relay. She sent out (or would have if we didn't kill sendmail) ~10K emails alerting people they just won $75K. The target for this spam was everyone internal... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: avikb
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to auto CC all outgoing e-mail?

I'm using Debian 5.0.4, exim4 and mutt. I would like all outgoing mail sent by any/all users CC (not BCC) to a specified e-mail account. (I do have it working for BCC using 'unseen'.) I have spent hours of searching/reading/testing how and have not been able to find out how. I have seen it... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: mewbie
0 Replies

6. Red Hat

How to setup Sendmail as SMTP Relay?

Hi Guys, I want to setup sendmail using my username and password on my ISP to be able to send out messages. I'm using Linux. So far, what I've done is modified the sendmail.mc with the following changes: define(`SMART_HOST',`myispsmtpoutgoingserver') FEATURE(authinfo)dnl In my... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: adshocker
0 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

[solved]How do I setup outgoing email in solaris?

I have a Solaris box that I need to enable outgoing email from alarm purposes. How do I do that so the command echo "test this email" | mailx test@address.com will go through? ---------- Post updated at 02:24 PM ---------- Previous update was at 02:04 PM ---------- Needed to open port 25/smtp... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: SIFT3R
1 Replies

8. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

AIX - Sendmail - add hostname to subject of outgoing mail

Hello, I'm configuring sendmail on an AIX 7.1 server (bos.net.tcp.client 7.1.1.15). I've gotten sendmail to send mail through our Novell GroupWise server, so that mail from a user on the server appears to come from their GroupWise account, and replies to the email would go to their GroupWise... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: eyebeam
0 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Minimal Mail Server Setup for Local Mail Transfer

I am trying to get stored mail out of an old mail client. I figured that the easiest way to do it is with IMAP by logging in with both clients. I can copy the mail to the server from the old mail client, and back down into the new mail client. Rather than using a real mail account on the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: nixie
2 Replies

10. Proxy Server

How to send mail (sendmail) for php mail()?

PHP mail() function doesn't work. Nor does sendmail: loaded system configuration file /etc/msmtprc ignoring user configuration file /home/xi/.msmtprc: No such file or directory falling back to default account using account default from /etc/msmtprc host = xsi port = 25 proxy host = (not... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Xcislav
1 Replies
MAILSTATS(8)						      System Manager's Manual						      MAILSTATS(8)

NAME
mailstats - display mail statistics SYNOPSIS
mailstats [-c] [-o] [-p] [-P] [-C cffile] [-f stfile] DESCRIPTION
The mailstats utility displays the current mail statistics. First, the time at which statistics started being kept is displayed, in the format specified by ctime(3). Then, the statistics for each mailer are displayed on a single line, each with the following white space separated fields: M The mailer number. msgsfr Number of messages from the mailer. bytes_from Kbytes from the mailer. msgsto Number of messages to the mailer. bytes_to Kbytes to the mailer. msgsrej Number of messages rejected. msgsdis Number of messages discarded. Mailer The name of the mailer. After this display, a line totaling the values for all of the mailers is displayed (preceded with a ``T''), separated from the previous information by a line containing only equals (``='') characters. Another line preceded with a ``C'' lists the number of TCP connections. The options are as follows: -C Read the specified file instead of the default sendmail configuration file. -c Try to use submit.cf instead of the default sendmail configuration file. -f Read the specified statistics file instead of the statistics file specified in the sendmail configuration file. -P Output information in program-readable mode without clearing statistics. -p Output information in program-readable mode and clear statistics. -o Don't display the name of the mailer in the output. The mailstats utility exits 0 on success, and >0 if an error occurs. FILES
/etc/mail/sendmail.cf The default sendmail configuration file. /etc/mail/statistics The default sendmail statistics file. SEE ALSO
mailq(1), sendmail(8) $Date: 2002/09/26 23:03:39 $ MAILSTATS(8)