Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Editing $PATH in .bash_profile Post 14405 by Atama on Thursday 31st of January 2002 11:02:17 AM
Old 01-31-2002
Isn't there a way to make the change take affect immediatley in the Bash Shell like the "source" command under the C Shell environment.

Thanks!

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Unrecognized Path in .bash_profile

Dear experts, I have installed Ruby in the following directory: $ pwd /home/ewijaya/.ruby $ ls bin lib share And I have also stated the PATH in my bash_profile like this: # .bash_profile # Get the aliases and functions if ; then . ~/.bashrc (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: monkfan
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

.bash_profile problem

Hi Guys, I modified my .bash_profile script , and tried to change the prompt. Following is the line of code in my .bash_profile script. export PS1=" \W " But I get the output as: \W This appears to be my prompt now. Any idea what should be done.. Thanks! (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: nua7
0 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

question in .bash_profile

We are more users using the oracle account, and people want to include theyr own files in .bash_profile. Like this: while ; do echo -n "LOGNAME is '$LOGNAME' (no sens), who are you? " >/dev/stderr read ln export LOGNAME=$ln done This works well when logging in to... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: hannem
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

bash_profile does not working

Hi all. when i connect as user megaguru i have a problem my .bash_profile does not working^:( if i do: . ./.bash_profile all enviroment variables are in place. How can i force linux to use .bash_profile before logon process? thanx in advance. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: smallman
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

bash_profile or .profile

Hi, happy new year. on AIX 6.1 , for user oracle , there are two files : bash_profile and .profile I do not know which one is executed when login ? How to know , More over in both of them we have : in .profile : ORACLE_HOME=/appli/oracle/product/10.2.0/db_1... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: big123456
5 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Configure $PATH in /.bash_profile or /etc/paths?

Hi - I am trying to include the MSQ.exe that I have downloaded for the sake of learning. My current /.bash_profile file reads: PATH=/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/3.1/bin:/Applications/XAMPP/xamppfiles/bin:$PATH export PATH ----------------------------------- ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Alexander4444
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Editing path in a HTML file using Perl

Hello I want to replace the path to which a hyperlink points to. I have a html file <TABLE BORDER CELLPADDING=7, border=0><TR><td>Jun-10-2013_03_19_07_AM</td><td>Ank_Insert_1</td><td><b>FAILED: 1</b></td><td><A ... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: ankurk
14 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Bash_profile versus bashrc

Hi All Please can you tell , what is the difference between bash_profile and bashrc. How to create them? (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: fretagi
8 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

.bash_profile question

Hello everyone, I'm trying to set my .bash_profile to change my primary prompt from this: banbatchtest1v:MCPPRD:~>to this: banbatchtest1v:MCPPRD:/home/rcarvall> Here's what my .bash_profile looks like right now: # .bash_profile # Get the aliases and functions if ; then .... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: galileo1
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Convert vi editing to text editing

Dear Guru's I'm using Putty and want to edit a file. I know we generally use vi editor to do it. As I'm not good in using vi editor, I want to convert the vi into something like text pad. Is there any option in Putty to do the same ? Thanks for your response. Srini (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: thummi9090
6 Replies
CPANPLUS::Shell::Default::Plugins::Source(3pm)		 Perl Programmers Reference Guide	    CPANPLUS::Shell::Default::Plugins::Source(3pm)

NAME
CPANPLUS::Shell::Default::Plugins::Source - read in CPANPLUS commands SYNOPSIS
CPAN Terminal> /source /tmp/list_of_commands /tmp/more_commands DESCRIPTION
This is a "CPANPLUS::Shell::Default" plugin that works just like your unix shells source(1) command; it reads in a file that has commands in it to execute, and then executes them. A sample file might look like this: # first, update all the source files x --update_source # find all of my modules that are on the CPAN # test them, and store the error log a ^KANE$' t * p /home/kane/cpan-autotest/log # and inform us we're good to go ! print "Autotest complete, log stored; please enter your commands!" Note how empty lines, and lines starting with a '#' are being skipped in the execution. BUG REPORTS
Please report bugs or other issues to <bug-cpanplus@rt.cpan.org<gt>. AUTHOR
This module by Jos Boumans <kane@cpan.org>. COPYRIGHT
The CPAN++ interface (of which this module is a part of) is copyright (c) 2001 - 2007, Jos Boumans <kane@cpan.org>. All rights reserved. This library is free software; you may redistribute and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. SEE ALSO
CPANPLUS::Shell::Default, CPANPLUS::Shell, cpanp perl v5.18.2 2014-01-06 CPANPLUS::Shell::Default::Plugins::Source(3pm)