Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: SCO unix download
Special Forums IP Networking SCO unix download Post 14287 by JammerFSU on Wednesday 30th of January 2002 01:42:44 AM
Old 01-30-2002
You may PURCHASE a Single user copy of SCO Unixware 7 from SCO (Caldera). They will send you the media, manuals, and liscense for 1 user. I believe the cost is around 40.00. Well worth it if you are wanting to take a look at SCO Unixware 7 O/S. You cannot download the image from the web-site at this time. Last communication I had was they were looking at an e-commerce solution to allow that in the future.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

SCO TCP/IP runtime System for SCO Unix

Hi everyone i have a question for all of you. It may be basic or it may be a good one. I recently aquired a copy of "SCO TCP/IP runtime System for SCO Unix" (thats what the disks say) and for the life of me i can not get it to load. i have tried opening the disk in linux and it can not determine... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Cerberus
0 Replies

2. UNIX Desktop Questions & Answers

download copy of UNIX, SOLARIS, SCO, anything?

Hi All, I'm a UNIX Newbie, yes, I hate to say it. I'm decent enough though on LINUX box. But of course, it's not the same! Does anyone know where I can download a copy of the UNIX network operating system, that I can install on one of my boxes? I'd very much appreciate all suggestions. ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: JaredsNew
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Where can I Download UNIX?

I'm very new to Unix-- I want to locate and download it to my computer and start learning it. Could anybody plz help me start. Thanks a lot. Rachid (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Rachid
1 Replies

4. SCO

SCO-UNIX Download

Dear Friends, Can anyone tell me from where i can download the SCO-UNIX freely. is SCO-UNIX a freeware or not?.. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: msvraajaram
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How Can I download an UNIX

Hi, I was reading on the net and something caught my eyes it was something about learning how to become a hacker. This site said that the best thing you can do to start is to use a Unix. My first question is: What is an Unix? Then I would like to ask you how can I download one on my... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: chaoticlysmart
3 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

SCO Unixware 7 download

According to this thread: https://www.unix.com/showthread.php?t=1 one guy says However, I cannot find any sco unixware7 iso download link in their download section (http://wdb1.sco.com/clbk_web/owa/dwn_customer), is it really for free, and if that is true, where can I download it? Thanks, (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: phalcos
2 Replies

7. SCO

from where to download sco unix 7.14

can any one tell me from where i can download the SCO unix operating system 7.14 version. any one has any link ? (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: alamlinux
0 Replies

8. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Where to download unix not unix flavours like ubuntu, redhat etc.

I checked unix.org but did not find any link where i can download basic unix flavour. any idea from where i can download unix. thanks in advance. - nilesh (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: ynilesh
14 Replies

9. SCO

load sco xenix and sco unix binary ?

Hi I have some sco xenix object, bin and archive files that operate in sco unix 5.0.7. I know that sco unix kernel can support sco xenix binary. I want to know how can I link xenix and unix archives together? (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: javad1_maroofi
0 Replies
Linux::Distribution(3pm)				User Contributed Perl Documentation				  Linux::Distribution(3pm)

NAME
Linux::Distribution - Perl extension to detect on which Linux distribution we are running. SYNOPSIS
use Linux::Distribution qw(distribution_name distribution_version); if(my $distro = distribution_name) { my $version = distribution_version(); print "you are running $distro, version $version "; } else { print "distribution unknown "; } Or else do it OO: use Linux::Distribution qw(distribution_name distribution_version); my $linux = Linux::Distribution->new; if(my $distro = $linux->distribution_name()) { my $version = $linux->distribution_version(); print "you are running $distro, version $version "; } else { print "distribution unknown "; } DESCRIPTION
This is a simple module that tries to guess on what linux distribution we are running by looking for release's files in /etc. It now looks for 'lsb-release' first as that should be the most correct and adds ubuntu support. Secondly, it will look for the distro specific files. It currently recognizes slackware, debian, suse, fedora, redhat, turbolinux, yellowdog, knoppix, mandrake, conectiva, immunix, tinysofa, va-linux, trustix, adamantix, yoper, arch-linux, libranet, gentoo, ubuntu, scientific, oracle enterprise linux and redflag. It has function to get the version for debian, suse, fedora, redhat, gentoo, slackware, scientific, oracle enterprise linux, redflag and ubuntu(lsb). People running unsupported distro's are greatly encouraged to submit patches :-) EXPORT None by default. TODO
Add the capability of recognize the version of the distribution for all recognized distributions. AUTHORS
Alexandr Ciornii <alexchorny@gmail.com>, <http://chorny.net> Alberto Re, <alberto@accidia.net> Judith Lebzelter, <judith@osdl.org> COPYRIGHT AND LICENSE
This library is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself, either Perl version 5.8.5 or, at your option, any later version of Perl 5 you may have available. perl v5.14.2 2012-03-18 Linux::Distribution(3pm)