Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: <DEFUNCT> Processes
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers <DEFUNCT> Processes Post 1335 by cuppjr on Monday 26th of February 2001 12:44:35 PM
Old 02-26-2001
For 98_1LE to review

I posted the info - do you have any suggestions?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

defunct process!!

how can i assure that daemon process which is being run as init child,can be removed immediately from system when it goes defunct or to avoid daemon process becoming defunt? (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: rish2005
5 Replies

2. Solaris

how do I kill defunct processes?

mqm 17700 16815 0 0:00 <defunct> kill -9 does not work, even as root (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: csaunders
10 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Question about defunct processes

Hey guys/gals. I am new to the site and fairly new to Unix/Linux. I have a master netbackup server (solaris) that I get pinged on occasionally regarding defunct processes. (Usually over 50 or so of them.) I know what a defunct process is, but what is it a product of? Just plain sloppy code? (From... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: EMCSANMAN
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

whats the difference between zombie orpha and defunct processes

can some one please explain zombie orphan defunct and how they r related (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: pbsrinivas
3 Replies

5. AIX

Defunct Processes

Hi, Can any one help me to get rid of defunct process on UNIX IBM AIX box. These processes started when the system was rebooted almost after 1 1/2 years. Once one defunct process is created then all the user ids get infected and in turn creates numerous defunct processes. We have tried... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: trokia88
6 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Abnormal behaviour of Defunct processes.

Hi All, Sorry to bother you all if my query is silly. Can you please clarify my doubts on defunct processes. Actually coming to the scenario, i have a server which is under cluster environment. Server B is having problems with the defunct process. There was a cron scheduled on Server B which... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: reddybs
0 Replies

7. HP-UX

Defunct processes are getting generated

Dear Sir / Madam, We have two socket programs which are running in background. These two socket programs are creating defunct processes in HP-UX which were not happening in Compaq True64 UNIX. What is the root cause of these defunct processes and how can we correct it? Your suggestion will be... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: kcsahoo
3 Replies

8. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

defunct processes?

HiI had a tool fail recently, on analysis I found it was cleaning up orphaned directories that had been created by specific processes that had died for some reason, thus failing to clean up after themselves.The directories were of the form /dir.pid. The tool would look to see if any instances of... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: steadyonabix
2 Replies

9. HP-UX

Defunct Processes; Maximum Process

I'd like to remove this defunct processes without rebooting. Or, I could remove this defuncts when the maximum allowable process is nearly reached, then send an email to the user/team. How can I determine the maximum allowable process that a server can handle? Any thoughts? Jin@PRODUCTION: >... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Jin_
3 Replies

10. HP-UX

How to clear defunct processes??

How to find out and clear the 'defunct' processes at OS and DB level ..?? (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: SurajR
6 Replies
menu_hook(3CURSES)					     Curses Library Functions						menu_hook(3CURSES)

NAME
menu_hook, set_item_init, item_init, set_item_term, item_term, set_menu_init, menu_init, set_menu_term, menu_term - assign application-spe- cific routines for automatic invocation by menus SYNOPSIS
cc [ flag... ] file... -lmenu -lcurses [ library... ] #include <menu.h> int set_item_init(MENU *menu, void (*func)(MENU *)); int set_item_term(MENU *menu, void (*func)(MENU *)); void item_term(MENU *menu); int set_menu_init(MENU *menu, void (*func)(MENU *)); void menu_init(MENU *menu); int set_menu_term(MENU *menu, void (*func)(MENU *)); void menu_term(MENU *menu); DESCRIPTION
set_item_init() assigns the application-defined function to be called when the menu is posted and just after the current item changes. item_init() returns a pointer to the item initialization routine, if any, called when the menu is posted and just after the current item changes. set_item_term() assigns an application-defined function to be called when the menu is unposted and just before the current item changes. item_term() returns a pointer to the termination function, if any, called when the menu is unposted and just before the current item changes. set_menu_init() assigns an application-defined function to be called when the menu is posted and just after the top row changes on a posted menu. menu_init() returns a pointer to the menu initialization routine, if any, called when the menu is posted and just after the top row changes on a posted menu. set_menu_term() assigns an application-defined function to be called when the menu is unposted and just before the top row changes on a posted menu. menu_term() returns a pointer to the menu termination routine, if any, called when the menu is unposted and just before the top row changes on a posted menu. RETURN VALUES
Routines that return pointers always return NULL on error. Routines that return an integer return one of the following: E_OK The routine returned successfully. E_SYSTEM_ERROR System error. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |MT-Level |Unsafe | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
curses(3CURSES), menus(3CURSES), attributes(5) NOTES
The header <menu.h> automatically includes the headers <eti.h> and <curses.h>. SunOS 5.11 31 Dec 1996 menu_hook(3CURSES)