Sponsored Content
Top Forums Programming How to program a telnet client? Post 12852 by thalex on Tuesday 8th of January 2002 07:10:13 AM
Old 01-08-2002

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Using telnet client from MacOSX's command line terminal

I'm completely new to Unix, but familiar with Mac OSX. I've just discovered the command line terminal feature of this new OS and I'm trying to learn how to telnet into my host's server to change permissions to allow executable cgi scripts for my website. Is there anyone who might be able to... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: tylerl
2 Replies

2. Programming

Telnet client IP determination

I have configured my firewall to allow only five remote IP's to connect to my server. Upon connection...i would like to automate the Xsession functions for authorized IP's. Mainly, $DISPLAY of the environment to the client. I understand that the "gethostbyaddr" function is capable of this.... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: thomas.jones
0 Replies

3. Programming

Does Telnet client library exist ?

Hello, I'm new user in this forum, and i'm french ... so excuse me for my english :) In fact, I've to manage several network equipments which can be only configured with the telnet protocol. But using the standalone telnet tool, it's too long and hard. So I'd like to known if a Telnet... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: aho
0 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

IP address of telnet client

Hi, I am using the telnet client on windowsNT to access the Unix system. I want to find out the IP address of the telnet client from the server side. The reason is I want to set the DISPLAY environment variable when the user is logged on. Is there anyway that the the Unix server can... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vtran4270
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

how to launch program though telnet

I have launched telnet on nt and have connected to a unix server, I'm trying to run a program on the unix server which will launch a gui, but when I try to launch it I get the message "display not set\n" "By default set it to 0.0" I can sit down at the unix machine and launch the program with... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: cbachman
3 Replies

6. Programming

Client - server program

i came acors this coding when surfin the net.this code works perfectly.but as i am new to this socket programming i need sm coments quoted on it or explanation regarding this source code. i have prb understanding the server.c i have posted it below can u guys help me !!!! cheerZ The... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: mathu
4 Replies

7. Programming

Server client program

hi guys, I need the code for a server client registration form.The server must ask for authentication .Then the client would send in data. This is stored in a file .The server sends back a receipt to the client as part of the payment done. plz can some 1 get me the code... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: pip3r
9 Replies

8. Programming

SFTP client program

can u help me? i need the program code in C to perform Simple File Transfer in linux.in this forum i found the server program,inw i need the client program ASAP. Thanx. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: harshi
1 Replies

9. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

difference between logging into unix through f-secure ssh client and telnet

hi, what is the difference between logging into unix through f-secure ssh client and telnet is there any more security check is involved can any one explain thanks in advance (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: trichyselva
1 Replies

10. Linux

telnet client and logs

Hello everyone. I have a script that telnets into a linux workstation and restarts a service, while logging the session to a file. I'm kind of new to linux so when I was using windows I would capture something like windows cli: telnet xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx -f c:/capture.log ... # /sbin/service... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Elyas_cr
3 Replies
URI::URL(3pm)						User Contributed Perl Documentation					     URI::URL(3pm)

NAME
URI::URL - Uniform Resource Locators SYNOPSIS
$u1 = URI::URL->new($str, $base); $u2 = $u1->abs; DESCRIPTION
This module is provided for backwards compatibility with modules that depend on the interface provided by the "URI::URL" class that used to be distributed with the libwww-perl library. The following differences exist compared to the "URI" class interface: o The URI::URL module exports the url() function as an alternate constructor interface. o The constructor takes an optional $base argument. The "URI::URL" class is a subclass of "URI::WithBase". o The URI::URL->newlocal class method is the same as URI::file->new_abs. o URI::URL::strict(1) o $url->print_on method o $url->crack method o $url->full_path: same as ($uri->abs_path || "/") o $url->netloc: same as $uri->authority o $url->epath, $url->equery: same as $uri->path, $uri->query o $url->path and $url->query pass unescaped strings. o $url->path_components: same as $uri->path_segments (if you don't consider path segment parameters) o $url->params and $url->eparams methods o $url->base method. See URI::WithBase. o $url->abs and $url->rel have an optional $base argument. See URI::WithBase. o $url->frag: same as $uri->fragment o $url->keywords: same as $uri->query_keywords o $url->localpath and friends map to $uri->file. o $url->address and $url->encoded822addr: same as $uri->to for mailto URI o $url->groupart method for news URI o $url->article: same as $uri->message SEE ALSO
URI, URI::WithBase COPYRIGHT
Copyright 1998-2000 Gisle Aas. perl v5.14.2 2012-02-11 URI::URL(3pm)