Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Move files using wildcards ??? Post 12196 by Cameron on Thursday 20th of December 2001 08:44:08 PM
Old 12-20-2001
rwb1959,

Thanks heaps for the reply.

The build should be:

Nname="df"`echo $fname | cut -c4-5`
rename $fname Nname

Is this correct?
I'm preparing this at home before I go back to workon Monday.

Again, many thanks.

BTW - Why is it that mv is unable to handle wildcards in a similar fashion to: mv Nov??_df df??.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Using cat to combine files using wildcards

How do I use cat (presumably with a sh script) to combine all the files in a directory without listing them individually. Thank you for your patience with this very elementary question.:) (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Enobarbus37
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to check files and move the results to differents files?

Hi, I am a newbie to shell scripting. here is my objective: 1)The shell program should take 2 parameters - ie-> DestinationFolder, WebFolder 2)Destination folder contains few files that has to has be verified and deleted. 3)WebFolder is a folder containing a list of master files 4)It... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sandhyagupta
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

rename multiple files with wildcards

Hi All I am having hundred over file in the below pattern. AA050101.INI BB090101.INI . . ZX980101.INI Need to rename these files with an extension .bak AA050101.INI.bak BB090101.INI.bak . . ZX980101.INI.bak (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: karthikn7974
5 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl, open multiple files with wildcards

I have a question regarding Perl scripting. If I want to say open files that all look like this and assign them to a filehandle and then assign the filehandle to a variable, how do I do this? The file names are strand1.fa.gz.tmp strand2.fa.gz.tmp strand3.fa.gz.tmp strand4.fa.gz.tmp ...... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: japaneseguitars
6 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Move same files and issue ls -al command on remaining files

I know I can use an ls -l junk1 command to get a listing of all files in the directory junk1, but I was wondering how I'd go about going through the files in junk1 in a for-in loop and issuing the ls -l command on them one by one. This is what I have so far: for file in $(ls -a $1) do ls... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Trinimini
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Recursively move directories along with files/specific files

I would like to transfer all files ending with .log from /tmp and to /tmp/archive (using find ) The directory structure looks like :- /tmp a.log b.log c.log /abcd d.log e.log When I tried the following command , it movies all the log files... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: frintocf
8 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

copying files with wildcards

Hello, I am attempting to copy a series of files using a wildcard into a new subdirectory. however, I am clearly doing something wrong as it is not working. I want to copy all files in the directory that start with the letters kl but have other letters after this initial two letters into another... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: goldenone
7 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Move all files except sys date (today) files in Solaris 10

I want to move all files from one directory to another directory excluding today (sysdate files) on daily basis. file name is in pattern file_2013031801, file_2013031802 etc (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: khattak
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

SBATCH trinity for multiple files and rename/move the output files

Hey guys, I have wrote the following script to apply a module named "trinity" on my files. (it takes two input files and spit a trinity.fasta as output) #!/bin/bash -l #SBATCH -p node #SBATCH -A <projectID> #SBATCH -n 16 #SBATCH -t 7-00:00:00 #SBATCH --mem=128GB #SBATCH --mail-type=ALL... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: @man
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Move files with a certain suffix based on how many files are in another folder

Hello, First time poster. I am looking for a way to script or program the process of moving files from one folder to another, automatically, based on the count of files in the destination folder. I was thinking a shell script would work, but am open to the suggestions of the experts... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: comtech
6 Replies
clm residue(1)							  USER COMMANDS 						    clm residue(1)

NAME
      clm residue - extend clustering of subgraph to clustering of graph.

clmresidue  is  not  in  actual fact a program. This manual page documents the behaviour and options of the clm program when invoked in mode
      residue. The options -h, --apropos, --version, -set, --nop are accessible in all clm modes. They are described in the clm manual page.

SYNOPSIS
      clm residue -icl fname (input clustering) -imx fname (input graph) [-rpm fname (residue projection matrix)]  [-o	fname  (output	clustering
      file)]

DESCRIPTION
      The cluster file presumably contains a clustering of a subgraph of the graph G contained by the matrix file, implying that the row domain of
      that clustering is a subset of the node domain of the graph. clm residue will compute  a	simple	upwards  projection  of  that  clustering,
      resulting in a clustering of G.

OPTIONS
      -imx fname (input graph)

-icl fname (input clustering)

-rpm fname (residue projection matrix)
	The name for the file in which the residue projection matrix is stored.  It contains for each node and for each cluster in the input clus-
	tering the combined weight of the (edges to the) neighbours of that node in that cluster.  The default output file name is out.rpm.

-o fname (output clustering file)
	The name for the file in which the majority vote projection clustering is stored. Aka the majority vote projection clustering storage file
	name.

This  embodies	a very crude approach to distributing the missing nodes in the input clustering onto that same cluster. For each node, the
	cluster is taken for which the residue projection is the largest (see above). The residue (i.e. the set of  missing  nodes)  is  initially
	viewed	as  a  cluster;  the set of nodes for which the projection is largest for the residue itself will form a new cluster, if it is not
	empty.

By default output is sent to STDOUT.

AUTHOR
      Stijn van Dongen.

SEE ALSO
      mclfamily(7) for an overview of all the documentation and the utilities in the mcl family.

clm residue 12-068						      8 Mar 2012						      clm residue(1)