Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: BIND and dig errors
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers BIND and dig errors Post 12046 by solvman on Tuesday 18th of December 2001 10:00:42 AM
Old 12-18-2001
...Yeap, you're right. I guess something is wrong ether with DNS configuration (zone files are not loaded - check permitions for DNS directories) or with network configuration.

Good luck

Smilie

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

dig

what is dig? Is it just a advanced type of nslookup? how to use it? //nicke:confused: (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: nicke30
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

New to UNIX - what script to dig into to

First I would like to thank you for your time in running a great Forum! Background - Windows/ASP/VB COM/SQL Server programmer/Webmaster. Desire - To build similar skillset on UNIX. I am looking at learning Perl or Python (maybe Jython due to connection to Java). I have a brief background... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: nimrod
3 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

linux dig command

When I use the linux dig command such as #dig yahoo.com it resolves but when I use the same command as root it gives me error "Segmentation Fault" Please advise I am completly baffled. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Tirmazi
1 Replies

4. Solaris

Errors compiling Bind

Hi all, Apologies if this is the wrong forum for this question, if it is, could some one point me to the right one please. I am trying to compile bind-9.5.1b1 on Solaris 10 Get the error when try to configure: checking for OpenSSL library... using OpenSSL from /usr/local/lib and... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: callmebob
5 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Dig command output?

all, i am newbie to dns bind . Any help is very appreciated. I am using dig command to view the records in the config. I am expecting the following comamnds to display all the A (Address records) in the zone data file. my zone data file looks like this ------------------- $ORIGIN . $TTL... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sujathab
2 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

dig query time

Hi Guys, I just need a confirmation if what think i know is right . dig yahoo.com ; <<>> DiG 9.7.0-P1 <<>> yahoo.com ;; global options: +cmd ;; Got answer: ;; ->>HEADER<<- opcode: QUERY, status: NOERROR, id: 27410 ;; flags: qr rd ra; QUERY: 1, ANSWER: 5, AUTHORITY: 0, ADDITIONAL: 0 ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mtomar
1 Replies

7. IP Networking

The dig command

Can I use two different DNS servers in the one command in the form of primary and secondary. Take this for example: dig @<primaryAddress> @<secondaryAddress> MX domain.tld So if primary address is down, it will use the secondary address as a backup. It seems to work when testing, but thought... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: neil_is_ere
1 Replies

8. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

DIG uses localhost

Hi, I have these entries in the /etc/esolv.conf: ------------ domain xxxxxx search yyyyyy nameserver 127.0.0.1 nameserver aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa nameserver bbbbbbbbbbbbbbbb ------------- When I use 'dig' or 'nslookup' command, like 'dig yahoo.com' it uses the localhost as the server. I... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: chaandana
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Dig match

Hi, I am testing some code to match a grep to see if one of the dns server exists but it does not seem to match: ERROR: ======= CRITICAL: google.com DNS : ns3.google.com NOT found CODE: ===== if ; then echo "OK: google.com DNS : ns3.google.com exists" else echo... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: dmccabe
5 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl dig script

Experts - I was hoping someone could help me out with the logic on this perl script. I'm trying to run some dig commands and parse in such a way as to group them together. Here's what I have so far. #!/usr/bin/perl system(clear); my @host = qw/yahoo.com google.com /; foreach... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: timj123
2 Replies
avahi-dnsconfd.action(8)				      System Manager's Manual					  avahi-dnsconfd.action(8)

NAME
avahi-dnsconfd.action - avahi-dnsconfd action script SYNOPSIS
/home/lennart/tmp/avahi/etc/avahi/avahi-dnsconfd.action DESCRIPTION
avahi-dnsconfd.action is the action script that is called whenever a new unicast DNS server is found or removed by avahi-dnsconfd. The default script as shipped with avahi patches /etc/resolv.conf to reflect the changed unicast DNS server configuration. PARAMETERS
argv[1] Contains the character "+" if the DNS server is new, "-" when it shall be removed from the DNS server list. argv[2] The IP address of the DNS server. argv[3] Numerical network interface number this DNS server was found on. argv[4] Numerical protocol number this DNS server was found on. (usually 2 for IPv4 and 10 for IPv6) ENVIRONMENT
AVAHI_INTERFACE Contains the textual interface name the corresponds with argv[3]. (e.g. "eth0") AVAHI_INTERFACE_DNS_SERVERS Contains a list of all DNS servers that avahi-dnsconfd found on the interface $AVAHI_INTERFACE, separated by spaces. AVAHI_DNS_SERVERS Contains a list of all DNS server that avahi-dnsconfd found on all interfaces, separated by spaces. AUTHORS
The Avahi Developers <avahi (at) lists (dot) freedesktop (dot) org>; Avahi is available from http://avahi.org/ SEE ALSO
avahi-dnsconfd(8), avahi-daemon(8) COMMENTS
This man page was written using xml2man(1) by Oliver Kurth. Manuals User avahi-dnsconfd.action(8)