Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: display date n Time
Operating Systems Solaris display date n Time Post 102151 by SsRrIi on Thursday 16th of March 2006 03:42:46 AM
Old 03-16-2006
display date n Time

Hi Friends,
Can any one guide me regarding 'Display the date and time' command other than the command 'date'
thanks n regards
SsRrIi

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Script to display last login date/time?

I was wondering if anyone had a script that would display the last time a user logged into a particular machine. I know about the "last" command, but it gives too much info.... I just wanted to know the last time a user used his/her id. ANy help would be greatly appreciated. Ryan (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ryaneverett5
3 Replies

2. AIX

Unable to display the date-time in seconds on AIX

Hi, In unix the command "date +%s" displays the date-time in seconds since â00:00:00 1970-01-01 UTCâ (a GNU extension) when executed on unix: -sh-2.05b$ date +%s 1152092690 I tried with all the format control output but unable to display the date-time in seconds i,e as in unix format. Can... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: me_haroon
6 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

date and time to display on the terminal

hi all, am trying to 'grep' some text from a log file and use the 'cut' command to read from that line i just grep'ed to extract date/time and response times. code sniplet i am using is : grep -i 'text to grep' Out.log | while read LINE; do ... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: cesarNZ
11 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Convert Epoch Time to Standard Date and Time & Vice Versa

Hi guys, I know that this topic has been discuss numerous times, and I have search the net and this forum for it. However, non able to address the problem I faced so far. I am on Solaris Platform and unable to install additional packages like the GNU date and gawk to make use of their... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: DrivesMeCrazy
5 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to always display date/time regardless of directory?

I found via Google a way to show the date and time stamp once I log in. However, whenever I cd to another directory it doesn't display the correct path. Here are the relevant parts from my .kshrc : unset _h _m _s eval $(date "+_h=%H ;_m=%M ;_s=%S") ((SECONDS =... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Mike F.
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to display a date, 30 days from the current date?

Well guys, I know the right syntax for displaying the current date is $(date). However, I am planning to send emails to some customers which displays their subscription date, and then the expiry. The expiry being 30 days from the current date. What would the right syntax be? (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: xxxx
6 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Display files created on particular date & time

Hi , I have BASH system & i am trying to display the files created on a particular date and time, and after displaying those files I also want to delete all those files.Can anyone of you help me out for this............. Thanx Original post contents restored... Please do not erase the question... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: rakeshtomar82
3 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Converting string date time to unix time in AWK

I'd like to convert a date string in the form of sun aug 19 09:03:10 EDT 2012, to unixtime timestamp using awk. I tried This is how each line of the file looks like, different date and time in this format Sun Aug 19 08:33:45 EDT 2012, user1(108.6.217.236) all: test on the 17th ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: bkkid
2 Replies

9. Solaris

modifying date and time and time zone on solaris 5.10 with (redundant server) veritas

I have a cluster of two Solaris server (veritas cluster). one working and the other is standby I am going to change the date on them , and am looking for a secure solution as it is giving an important service. my opinion is that the active one doesn't need to be restarted (if I don't change the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: barry1946
1 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Display Date and Time in GDB

In gdb is there any way we can display date/time in first column while debugging or is there any command which will print date/time? I am asking this just to know when exactly a breakpoint got hit. (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: rupeshkp728
6 Replies
NWFSTIME(1)							     nwfstime							       NWFSTIME(1)

NAME
nwfstime - Display / Set a NetWare server's date and time SYNOPSIS
nwfstime [ -h ] [ -S server ] [ -U user name ] [ -P password | -n ] [ -C ] [ -s ] DESCRIPTION
nwfstime displays a NetWare server's date and time. You can also set a NetWare server's date and time from the local time. OPTIONS
-h With -h nwfstime prints a little help text. -S server is the name of the server you want to use. -U user user is the user name to use for login. To set the server's time, you need supervisor privileges. -P password password is the password to use for login. If neither -n nor -P are given, and the user has no open connection to the server, nwfstime prompts for a password. -n -n should be given if no password is required for the login. As you need supervisor privileges for setting the date and time, this option is probably not used very often. -C By default, passwords are converted to uppercase before they are sent to the server, because most servers require this. You can turn off this conversion by -C. -s With -s, nwfstime sets the file server's date and time according to the local date and time. nwfstime 12/10/1996 NWFSTIME(1)