Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting ftp - get file and keep original timestamp? Post 102073 by frustrated1 on Wednesday 15th of March 2006 11:38:59 AM
Old 03-15-2006
ftp - get file and keep original timestamp?

Can you ftp (get) a file from another server and keep the timestamp on the file that is on the other server?

ie.
server1
server2 - Mar 12 12:30 /filename1

On Mar 15 at 13:00
server1 ftp to server2 and get /filename1

I want the file filename1 to have the date (Mar 12 12:30) on the file timestamp when it is on my server1...

is this possible?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

ftp timestamp

I have written a basic script to ftp files from a local machine to a remote one and put it into a crontab to automate the process as the directory has more files added to it. I also have a cron which periodically removes files from the local directory to stop the filesystem from becoming full.... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Henrik
4 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

FTP from windows to Unix maintaining timestamp

Hi, Is it possible to Ftp the files from Windows to Unix while maintaining their timestamp Gaurav (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: gauravgoel
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

How to get the original create timestamp?

How do i get the original create timestamp in Unix? I tried "ctime" but this gives me the change timestamp which changes with changes to inode (owner, permissions, etc.). I need the timestamp when the file was originally created. Thanks in advance! (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: aster007
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

FTP timestamp

Hi, I am searching for a way to change the display format of the timestamp from an FTP server. From a SOLARIS 9 server (ksh) I am connecting with a shell script using Ncftp to an FTP remote server. This script is making a list of available files on that FTP server. All files are listed with... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Aswex
0 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

preserving the timestamp of a file when copied from remote server to local server using ftp

Hi, I need to copy few files from remote server to local server. I write a shell script to connect to the remote server using ftp and go to that path. Now i need to copy those files in the remote directory to my local server with the timestamp of all those files shouldnt be changed. ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: arunkumarmc
5 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Getting a relative timestamp from timestamp stored in a file

Hi, I've a file in the following format 1999-APR-8 17:31:06 1500 3 45 1999-APR-8 17:31:15 1500 3 45 1999-APR-8 17:31:25 1500 3 45 1999-APR-8 17:31:30 1500 3 45 1999-APR-8 17:31:55 1500 3 45 1999-APR-8 17:32:06 1500 3 ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vaibhavkorde
1 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

CSV file:Find duplicates, save original and duplicate records in a new file

Hi Unix gurus, Maybe it is too much to ask for but please take a moment and help me out. A very humble request to you gurus. I'm new to Unix and I have started learning Unix. I have this project which is way to advanced for me. File format: CSV file File has four columns with no header... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: arvindosu
8 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to compare a file by its timestamp and store in a different location whenever timestamp changes?

Hi All, I am new to unix programming. I am trying for a requirement and the requirement goes like this..... I have a test folder. Which tracks log files. After certain time, the log file is getting overwritten by another file (randomly as the time interval is not periodic). I need to preserve... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mailsara
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Comparison of timestamp on ftp

Hello Need help with shell script There is are files on my ftp. They overwriting every hour from other places. ls -la /home/ftp/ -rw-r--r-- 1 ftp nogroup 2296 2012-08-11 12:59 G1.zip -rw-r--r-- 1 ftp nogroup 6676 2012-08-11 13:00 KRT1.zip -rw-r--r-- 1 ftp nogroup 5169... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ck80
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find the original file size of encrypted file

Hi, I am trying to find out the original file size of an encrypted file in SunOS. The file was decrypted with gpg command. I want to know the size of the orginal file without decrypting it. I am using the below command, but it is not working for big files(more than 1 GB). gpg --passphrase... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: vsachan
4 Replies
ftp::geturl(3tcl)						    ftp client							 ftp::geturl(3tcl)

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

NAME
ftp::geturl - Uri handler for ftp urls SYNOPSIS
package require Tcl 8.2 package require ftp::geturl ?0.2.1? ::ftp::geturl url _________________________________________________________________ DESCRIPTION
This package provides a command which wraps around the client side of the ftp protocol provided by package ftp to allow the retrieval of urls using the ftp schema. API
::ftp::geturl url This command can be used by the generic command ::uri::geturl (See package uri) to retrieve the contents of ftp urls. Internally it uses the commands of the package ftp to fulfill the request. The contents of a ftp url are defined as follows: file The contents of the specified file itself. directory A listing of the contents of the directory in key value notation where the file name is the key and its attributes the asso- ciated value. link The attributes of the link, including the path it refers to. BUGS, IDEAS, FEEDBACK This document, and the package it describes, will undoubtedly contain bugs and other problems. Please report such in the category ftp of the Tcllib SF Trackers [http://sourceforge.net/tracker/?group_id=12883]. Please also report any ideas for enhancements you may have for either package and/or documentation. SEE ALSO
ftpd, mime, pop3, smtp KEYWORDS
ftp, internet, net, rfc 959 CATEGORY
Networking ftp 0.2.1 ftp::geturl(3tcl)