Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Arrange date in a field
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Arrange date in a field Post 100591 by mgirinath on Tuesday 28th of February 2006 03:56:20 PM
Old 02-28-2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by sabercats
Oh, I would like to have the date field change as I want.

mgirinath, this one give me only the date
mahendramahendr, this one give me the out put the same as b4.

I want datetime field change from 06/02/25 11:12:36 to 02/25/2006 11:12:36
but my code got the error ? why syntax error is `(' is not expected
OOPS Sorry...here is date and time...
Code:
date=`echo "$3" | awk -F"/" '{ print $2"/"substr($3,1,2)"/20"$1 }'`
time=`echo "$3" | awk '{ print $2 }'`
echo $date" "$time

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

handling date field

Hi, Is there any way we could change the date format listed below... date I get is 03302007 (MMDDYYYY) I need to change it to 20070330 (YYYYMMDD) Thanks. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mgirinath
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to Sort files on date field

:cool: Hi all, I have a pecular issue in sorting these files in Solaris environment. All the below files are modified on November 4th, but I want to sort these files as per date column (eg: 01May07_1623 = ddmmmyy_hhmm) Nov 4 18:27 SONYELEC00.GI22973.01May07_1623.gpg Nov 4 18:27... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: shivaastrogun
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Keeping padding in a date field

Hi Guys, I'm having a bit of a problem with a script, i need to get the day, month and day of month into a string, so i'm using: CURRENT_DATE=`date +"%a %b %e"` It is getting the correct date out, however it is not keeping the padding on the day of month. The %e is supposed to pad the day... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: seanbyrne
5 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

date field manipulation

I have a data file. Seperated by "|". The 19 th filed is a date field that occurs like this 11/02/2001 i need to convert into the below format 2001-11-02 for e.g.. i/p o/p should be can somebody throw some light (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: dsravan
5 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

change field 2 date format

from this input WEBELSOLAR,29122009,1:1 WIPRO,15062010,2:3 ZANDUREALT,18012007,1:3 i want output as WEBELSOLAR,20091229,1:1 WIPRO,20100615,2:3 ZANDUREALT,20070118,1:3 basically input is in ddmmyyyy format and i was to convert it to yyyymmdd format (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: manishma71
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sorting Date Field with Sort -k :/

SOLVED : (17 Replies)
Discussion started by: Glitch100
17 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Check if a date field has date or timestamp or date&timestamp

Hi, In a field, I should receive the date with time stamp in a particular field. But sometimes the vendor sends just the date or the timestamp or correctl the date&timestamp. I have to figure out the the data is a date or time stamp or date&timestamp. If it is date then append "<space>00:00:00"... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: machomaddy
1 Replies

8. Linux

How do I format a Date field of a .CSV file with multiple commas in a string field?

I have a .CSV file (file.csv) whose data are all enclosed in double quotes. Sample format of the file is as below: column1,column2,column3,column4,column5,column6, column7, Column8, Column9, Column10 "12","B000QRIGJ4","4432","string with quotes, and with a comma, and colon: in... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: dhruuv369
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Removing date field from the string

Hii I am trying to remove the date field from the following string. ODS_EPP_COVRG_STN_DETL_FILE_10032014.TXT. My output should be ODS_EPP_COVRG_STN_DETL_FILE.TXT I tried couple of things: echo ODS_EPP_COVRG_STN_DETL_FILE_10032014.TXT|sed 's/_*\.*//g' I am getting:... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: skatpally
9 Replies

10. OS X (Apple)

Arrange file by modified date

Hi, Am performing a find based on filename and result can contain multiple files being found Let's say my find command is find /Archive -f -name 12345.pdf and result of find command is /Archive/Folder A/12345.pdf /Archive/Folder B/12345.pdf please note white space in folder names I... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: gigagigosu
2 Replies
lb_register(3ncs)														 lb_register(3ncs)

Name
       lb_register - register an object and an interface with the Location Broker

Syntax
       #include <idl/c/lb.h>

void lb_$register(object, obj_type, obj_interface, flags, annotation,			location, location_length, entry, status)
       uuid_$t *object;
       uuid_$t *obj_type;
       uuid_$t *obj_interface;
       lb_$server_flag_t flags;
       unsigned char annotation[64];
       socket_$addr_t *location;
       unsigned long location_length;
       lb_$entry_t *entry;
       status_$t *status;

Arguments
       object		   The UUID of the object being registered.

obj_type 	   The UUID of the type of the object being registered.

obj_interface	   The UUID of the interface being registered.

flags		   Must  be  either  lb_$server_flag_local  (specifying registration with only the LLB at the local host) or 0 (specifying
			   registration with both the LLB and the GLB).

annotation	   A character array used only for informational purposes.  This field can contain a textual description of the object and
			   the interface.  For proper display by the tool, the annotation should be terminated by a null character.

location 	   The socket address of the server that exports the interface to the object.

location_length	   The length, in bytes, of the socket address specified by the location field.

entry		   A copy of the entry that was entered in the Location Broker database.

status		   The completion status.  If the completion status returned in is equal to status_$ok , then the routine that supplied it
			   was successful.

Description
       The routine registers with the Location Broker an interface to an object and the location of a server that exports  that  interface.   This
       routine replaces any existing entry in the Location Broker database that matches object, obj_type, obj_interface, and both the address fam-
       ily and host in location; if no such entry exists, the routine adds a new entry to the database.

If the flags parameter is the entry is registered only in the LLB database at the host where the  call  is  issued.   Otherwise,  the  flag
       should be 0 to register with both the LLB and the GLB databases.

Examples
       The following statement registers the interface to the object identified by :
       lb_$register (&bank_id, &bank_$uuid, &bank_$if_spec.id, 0,
			  BankName, &saddr, slen, &entry, &status);

Diagnostics
       This section lists status codes for errors returned by this routine in

lb_$database_invalid
			   The format of the Location Broker database is out of date.  The database may have been created by an old version of the
			   Location Broker; in this case, delete the out-of-date database and reregister any entries that it contained.   The  LLB
			   or  GLB that was accessed may be running out-of-date software; in this case, update all Location Brokers to the current
			   software version.

lb_$database_busy   The Location Broker database is currently in use in an incompatible manner.

lb_$update_failed   The Location Broker was unable to register the entry.

lb_$cant_access	   The Location Broker cannot access the database.  Among the possible reasons:

1. The database does not exist, and the Location Broker cannot create it.

2. The database exists, but the Location Broker cannot access it.

3. The GLB entry table is full.

lb_$server_unavailable
			   The Location Broker Client Agent cannot reach the requested GLB or LLB.  A communications failure occurred or the  bro-
			   ker was not running.

Files
See Also
       intro(3ncs), lb_unregister(3ncs)

lb_register(3ncs)